The Sun | November 1st

 

Joan Miró, Untitled1947, published 1952–53

  • Happy All Saints Day. I hope you find a quiet moment today to light a candle and to pray over those who have passed away. 

"Almighty God, who hast knit together your elect in one
communion and fellowship in the mystical body of your Son
Christ our Lord: Give us grace so to follow your blessed
saints in all virtuous and godly living, that we may come to
those ineffable joys that you have prepared for those who
unfeignedly love you; through the same Jesus Christ our
Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit live and reign,
one God, in glory everlasting. Amen."
  • Grace for the Frozen Food Chef - A lovely post from my friend Lizzy over on the Mockingbird blog. (Which inspired me to load my freezer full of microwavable meals of grace.)

  • I made this Jalapeño Popper dip for a Halloween gathering -- my aunt always made this during the holidays and I love it so much. I like it with Ritz, tortilla chips, or ruffles 



  • Last night our church hosted a youth movie night, we watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I created little menu guides to take us through the film. I wanted to share them because 1) I thought they ended up being wonderful and 2) You might want to enjoy your leftover halloween candy with a movie. 

  • Speaking of leftover halloween candy - If you have any laying around the house next week, make some chocolate chip cookies using chopped up candy bars as the chips. Here's my favorite recipe. I learned this idea from author Shauna Neiquist. 
Have a great week, 
Jen


Made by Jenoa Saplin, October 2020


Comments

Popular Posts