Napa Road Trip

Let me just get this out of the way: We didn't do wine tasting.  I know it's like THE reason to go to Napa but it just didn't happen, now we have incentive to go back to this beauty part of California. We did however enjoy lots of delicious food and drink all throughout Napa and Sonoma! 

I mainly want to tell you about our trip through these photos but here are the essentials.

What: Long weekend in Napa (Friday - Sunday)
Why: Wedding in St. Helena
Whose: Jen + Jason's wedding
Where: We stayed in Santa Rosa in an Airstream trailer! 

Friday 5:30 am - we left for Northern California, after a bit of traffic and a few bathroom stops we arrived at States Coffee in Martinez for an extended leg stretch and caffeine break. 






Using my reusable iced drink cup - I did notice that States was using biodegradable straws and cups!  

Friday 6 pm - After a quick pit stop at our Airbnb to drop off our belongings and to freshen up we headed downtown to enjoy some beer and pizza from Russian River Brewery!


Since I don't do IPA's I did a flight of Belgian tasters - Benediction was my favorite

Saturday am - I was able to take some photos of our "farmsteam" in the morning. I loved everything about this trailer. We actually ended up sleeping in the lounge area and not in the bedroom. The lounge was bigger and the AC was stronger, still we slept pretty well.



The lounge where we ended up sleeping













Saturday 10 am - Jen + Jason had their party in St Helena in a gorgeous vineyard event space.  I didn't take a lot of photos because they have professionals for that! And because I was too busy enjoying catching up with friends from Oakland, it really felt like a reunion.


Tables were assigned restaurants for seating and I was thrilled to be seated at the Texas table!  

Saturday afternoon - After having a bit to drink at the wedding and not sleeping all too great the night before I was a bit irritable all afternoon - sorry Robbie! I didn't remember to take any photos, but in the afternoon we went to a bookstore in St Helena and then went to Oxbow Market in the city of Napa to spend a few hours relaxing. I recharged my health points with an iced latte at Ritual Coffee, a teriyaki chicken sandwich from Gott's, and finally a soft cream from Miminashi, then I was ready for the afterparty.

Creme fraiche with crunchy bits and miso caramel sauce -- if Napa is the Eden of California, this is nectar from God. 

A candid photo I snapped of Jen + Jason at their afterparty. 

Sunday am - all good things must come to an end and so Sunday morning we enjoyed one last meal in wine country and then set our GPS for home. 


Boon Fly Cafe - a gorgeous eatery known for it's mini donuts 

Tomorrow I will post about a dress I made special for this trip! Make sure you check your inbox tomorrow to see it. You can also check my blog later today if you just can't wait to see it! Should be up by 3 pm PST. 

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts