The Bad Days


Yesterday there were tears, fighting, bitter words, and careless words. Moments of joy too and a nice dinner, but as I know you've all experienced, some days are just bad days. 

Those are the days when grace is most amazing. When it is truly water in the desert, and not just water, but an oasis with a food and a place to rest in the shade. 

Robbie and I are both fans of singer songwriter David Ramirez who memorializes bad days more perfectly that I could hope to in his song aptly called "The Bad Days" 


Today is a fresh new day and today I need grace for myself, grace to forgive, and more coffee to help with poor sleep. 

When marriage is work, when work is work, and life seems never ceasing I pilot my plane to the feet of Jesus as I crash-land in an explosion of frustration, weariness, and guilt. Thankful that he is here for me now, when I am at my lowest. My most short tempered and cranky, my hateful and unkind. 

Love coming at me that has nothing to do with me. 


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt 11:28

Come Lord, Jesus

Comments

Popular Posts