80 days: Expecting an Exodus


As I am 80 days from moving I want to share with you where my heart is at as I prepare myself for my mission in England.


I have been re-reading Exodus the last few weeks and have been loving it. A great story, and a wonderful example of providence, but more than that I love how God perfectly curates everything. 


For a handy recap go here.


In Exodus 9 we see the wording shift from "Pharaoh's heart was hardened" to "the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh " Now I don't have to be a theologian, or even a learned woman to tell you that the shift we see there is important. It is explicitly explained in 9 v 16, as well as in 10 v 1-2


9 v 16

"But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth."

10 v 1-2

"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these signs of mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the Lord.”


For the furthering of the Kingdom of God the Israelite's were enslaved, for the furthering of God's Kingdom he sends down 10 plagues, and for the furthering of the Kingdom he uses a privileged royal, turned Bedouin farmer, to implement his plans. 


This brings hope to me tenfold- this passage to me is full of hope, wrapped in a package of suffering and hatred. Yes, what the Israelite's are going through is horrible, but what magnificent glory will come of it. 


We, young Christians as a whole, need to rise up to the task and show our power, so that the name of God is proclaimed in all the Earth. We need to engage young people to break free from the sin they have chained themselves to that they may glorify God in doing so. 



___________________________



As I look at how sin has enslaved my generation I am praying that I will be a small part of a massive exodus of the enslaved looking to find freedom in Christ. I am expectant to be involved in breaking the chains of bondage and sin that this generation is lost in. 




Please pray for me as I enter into a very secular country to reach the enslaved, and show them the only way to gain freedom: In Christ Alone 





Comments

Popular Posts