"...Love Your Enemies"

I know we as a nation should be angry that 2 brothers took their agrivation and aggression to an unneeded level of hatred last Monday but something won't let me hate them.

 Maybe it's the fact that they are close to my age, or that since an attack of this nature has last happened I have met many wonderful Muslims who have enlightened me in their beautiful religion and way of life. I don't really know what it is, but I know that whenever I see pictures of young Dzhokhar Tsarnaev I only feel love and compassion. Whenever I read articles about him, and hear speculations that he may have tried to end his own life I don't envision a terrorist, or even a hate filled maniac, I envision a lost and confused boy who was looking for answers. He may have been influenced by rage, hate, and malice along the way, but I refuse to believe that his religious views truly acted as the catalyst for such a terrible crime. Islam preaches a doctrine of love and compassion, very similar to my own religion of Christianity. 

In 113 out of 114 chapters in the Quran Allah is referred to as "compassionate and merciful." Islam is a coalition of people seeking mercy and justice, not revenge and hatred. At the center of their religion is this verse from Qu'ran 7:156 "My mercy takes precedence over my anger." If these brothers understood the true foundation of Islam surely they would not have taken matters into their own hands. 


Please join me today in praying for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The lost, hurt, confused, and enraged young man in need of salvation. 

If you would like to read more beautiful Hadiths, Duas, or quotes from the Qu'ran regarding anger, compassion, love, and peace look here. Or read some of the Qu'ran yourself. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts